Skip to main content

Pete the Cat


I visited Savannah earlier this summer towards the end of May. Me and my boyfriend, Ryan, stumbled upon an art store in one of the Savannah Squares. Honestly, neither one of us are art people, but it was a great break from the heat of Savannah. One of the ladies working saw us observing a big yellow cat painting. We had never heard of Pete the Cat, but the piece of art was eye grabbing. We went on our ways and I did not think again about Pete the Cat until my reading education teacher brought a Pete the Cat book out in class one day. She read us the book, it was cute and the illustrations were what I remembered from the art gallery. After she read to us I decided that I needed a copy of Pete the Cat books for myself. I bought Pete the Cat's Super Cool Reading Collection. The collection has five books that are sure to make learning to read fun for young learners!

Yesterday, I visited the Sandy Spring public library and saw that Pete the Cat and the Missing Cupcake was on display. I snatched it because it was not in my collection and I wanted to check it out. This book could be used to teach a character counts lesson. Pete forgave his friend and invited him to the party even though he took the cupcakes!

Pete the Cat is written and illustrated by a couple named, James and Kimberly Dean.


Links for Pete the Cat:

Amazon Pete the Cat
Pete the Cat

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Career Day 5/4/2018

On May 3rd, Henderson Mill Elementary School hosted a career day for their students. I traveled with my co-taught kindergarten class to learn about different careers. We met a DJ, Georgia State Police, SWAT, police officers with K9s, a truck driver, and some scientists! Thank you to all the volunteers who came out to inspire our students 😀 To the left: Ms. Frazier's class stop for a photo with two scientists for the CDC! To the right: Two students see what it is like in the hub of a truck! There were bunk beds in the back.  To the left: Students dress up as a dentist & a doctor. To the right: A student is dressed up as a construction worker!

Almost Winter Break!

Wow, it has truly been an interesting start as a new teacher. I began the school year as a co-teacher in a 4th and 2nd grade. I will be ending the year as a kindergarten co-teacher for ELA, math, and science and social studies. As well as, a science & social studies resource teacher (4th & 5th grade) and a math resource teacher for 2nd grade. I have a group of 3rd grade students in the morning for a reading group, so the only grade level I haven't been blessed to work with is 1st grade! 😊

Preplanning Week

I have learned a lot of wonderful things about my school this week. The STEAM program is new to me, but I am looking forward to learning more about it. I have met some wonderful co-workers too! I will be co-teaching math, science, and writing with Ms. Shirley in the morning. Then I will move with the same fourth grade class to a different classroom for reading, Later in the day I will join a second grade classroom for reading.😀 Students are coming on August 7th, and I'm very excited! We asked our students what they wanted to learn more about in science!