Skip to main content

New Job

I will be starting a new position in Washington County Schools in Abington, VA. I will be the deaf and hard of hearing teacher for the county. I am looking forward to this new opportunity & curious to see how Covid-19 impacts this school year. I so so prefer working with my students in person, but I will be ready to go with zoom & google meets if necessary. Our special education department gave me face masks with clear windows & face shields to wear while working with students. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Career Day 5/4/2018

On May 3rd, Henderson Mill Elementary School hosted a career day for their students. I traveled with my co-taught kindergarten class to learn about different careers. We met a DJ, Georgia State Police, SWAT, police officers with K9s, a truck driver, and some scientists! Thank you to all the volunteers who came out to inspire our students 😀 To the left: Ms. Frazier's class stop for a photo with two scientists for the CDC! To the right: Two students see what it is like in the hub of a truck! There were bunk beds in the back.  To the left: Students dress up as a dentist & a doctor. To the right: A student is dressed up as a construction worker!

Almost Winter Break!

Wow, it has truly been an interesting start as a new teacher. I began the school year as a co-teacher in a 4th and 2nd grade. I will be ending the year as a kindergarten co-teacher for ELA, math, and science and social studies. As well as, a science & social studies resource teacher (4th & 5th grade) and a math resource teacher for 2nd grade. I have a group of 3rd grade students in the morning for a reading group, so the only grade level I haven't been blessed to work with is 1st grade! 😊

Preplanning Week

I have learned a lot of wonderful things about my school this week. The STEAM program is new to me, but I am looking forward to learning more about it. I have met some wonderful co-workers too! I will be co-teaching math, science, and writing with Ms. Shirley in the morning. Then I will move with the same fourth grade class to a different classroom for reading, Later in the day I will join a second grade classroom for reading.😀 Students are coming on August 7th, and I'm very excited! We asked our students what they wanted to learn more about in science!